Tilkut or tilkatri manufactured from sesame seeds is a candy snacks ready throughout harvesting pageant makar Sankranti in Bihar, Jharkhand and a few a part of Uttar Pradesh. A candy crisp cracker is made by mixing sesame seeds and Jaggery or sugar. The recognition of Tilkut is just not bounded solely to Bihar however it has crossed abroad. Gaya is known for the scrumptious tilkut which is ready throughout winter.
- Sesame seeds (til) -Three cups
- Jaggery -2 cups
- Ghee -2 tablespoon
- some water.
- In a big frying pan take some ghee and roast the sesame seeds on a low flame for 5 to 6 minutes till it appears brown.
- Carry on stirring sesame seeds else it could burn.
- Switch them right into a bowl and permit to chill.
- Put the seeds in a grinder or pestle and grind them very course.
- In a non-stick pan put jaggery or sugar and add one cup of water and convey it to boil. Preserve it boiling for a while until a thick syrup is shaped.
- Pour the syrup into the sesame seeds slowly and hold stirring the combination in any other case the Jaggery syrup will get crystallized.
- Switch it into an aluminum paper or plate and unfold the content material to make one inch thick sheet.
- Let it quiet down somewhat after which reduce it to provide desired shapes. Now permit it to chill.
- Now tilkut is able to serve. It may also be saved in an hermetic container for 2-Three weeks.